Did you happily usher out 2016 hoping that 2017 would bring more than just a new calendar and the same old life? For those of us working diligently at our day jobs but pining for something more, it’s the perfect time to consider what something more means to us and more importantly, how to get it! If you’ve been thinking about a new career and have always been interested in the world of beauty, the industry is on the rise and full of a variety of exciting opportunities to choose from.
Let’s face it, looking good makes us feel good. And it can take a lot to keep us looking good. Skin care, hair styling, nail salons, cosmetics and more recently, esthetics – are all pieces to our own personal beauty puzzle and are also segments of a growing industry. So, if you’re thinking about joining the nearly one million people currently employed in the beauty industry, here are some of the career options you can choose from:
• Hair Stylists – hair care makes up the largest segment of the beauty industry and great stylists inspire fierce loyalty in their clients. Cutting, coloring, extensions, chemical straightening and permanent waves are all essential skills for a hair stylist and many specialize in one or all of these areas.
• Barber – One of the biggest factors in the growth of the beauty industry is the growing demand for services and products for men. Similar to the hair stylist, a barber is a trusted ally in the pursuit of looking good! The perfectly sculpted fade, shapely goatee or immaculately trimmed beard are all part of a good barber’s trade.
• Nail Technician – To many, nails are the period at the end of a sentence. They complete the look. Nail salons can be found in practically every shopping center, and strip malls across the country! It’s an art form that has become a regular ritual for many women and men and is a great opportunity for the ambitious nail technicians to transition into their own salon ownership!
• Esthetics – The rise of the wellness industry within the beauty industry has opened the door to a whole new segment in esthetics. Skin care, hair removal, even massage, are all part of the esthetician’s world. Like other careers in beauty, many specialize in one or several areas of esthetics.
So many choices! That’s the beauty of the beauty industry. If you are interested in exploring a career in beauty, check out Boca Beauty Academy! Boca Beauty Academy has two campus locations and has been helping students get the training they need to launch their careers in the beauty industry! Contact us today to learn more or to schedule a tour one of our campuses. The future doesn’t wait so start yours today!
Say goodbye to the exaggerated cotton candy blue hair… the dark, over painted eyebrows, the thickly applied mask-like foundation and the overly plumped up lips of trends past. Thankfully, 2016 brought cool new and classic styles for trend seekers everywhere to choose from! The theme is classic. Everything old is new again really is the mantra for 2016’s make-up leanings. Check out some of dazzling options to give thanks for as we watch 2016 wind down.
Au natural with a kick - For a circa 1970’s look, we love the carefully placed faux freckles, paired with clumpy, dramatic black mascara. With toned-down lips and barely there foundation, this fun and flirty style is a welcome change. Seeing nothing but red - Wearing nothing but perfectly applied cherry red lipstick is a new and old fave! Even though it’s a hot color, crimson lips seem cooler against a blank canvas and make a bold statement. For those lurking in the shadows of the latest eye shadow craze, consider: Metallic mania -Smudgy, silver metallic shadow on the lids, highlighted by black liner on the outer half of the upper and lower lid steers away from space-age and channels your inner pouty, sex-kitten. Blazing sunsets – The warm glow of sunset orange shadow is more hot than warm and can be applied in even bolder shades on darker complexions. Glitter me this – sparkly glitter anchored with thick liner is an insanely fun look that doesn’t look actually insane! Pot of gold – nothing is as good as gold? Well, gold eye shadow is grabbing attention all over the globe for it’s Parisian feel and opulent style. Grab a super shimmery liner to complete the look. Coolly abstract – Smudge a matte white pigment across the eyes and skip the mascara and curl your lashes for this icy, abstract look. Simple, yet edgy, this style is practically transcendent.
It’s a brave new world of re-invented classics that make us grateful for the fashionistas and trendsetters out there keeping looks fresh and styles hot! Have you always wanted to be one of the elite beauty professionals boldly introducing the next big thing? Boca Beauty Academy is helping students do just that with exciting programs in Cosmetology, Makeup and Skincare , and Esthetics with two beautiful locations in Palm Beach County and Broward County! Our instructors share real world experience and are here to help you every step of the way on the path to your future in the exciting world of beauty! Don’t wait one more day to call Boca Beauty Academy! Call 561-487-1191 (Palm Beach County) or 954-866-1011 (Broward County) today to learn more or to schedule a tour at one of these beautiful campuses...
- Boca - Manicures How to Make Them Last
- Boca- Top Signs You Are a Future Beauty Professional
- Best Hair Cuts and Styles for Men
- New Year New You New Cosmetology Career in 2017
- Holiday Nails From Classy to Sassy and Party Ready
- Top Makeup Trends to be Thankful for in 2016
- Flexible Schedules: Work while you go to school!
- Caring For Your Beard
- 5 Benefits of Swedish Message
- A Few of Our Favorite Things (About a Career as an Esthetician!)